Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Pandora - Dig It!

So I'm reformatting my laptop to destroy the vile remnants of my programming past (sorry jdk1.5, time for you to split!) when I decide to try an online radio/music matching service that my mother-in-law recently told me about: Pandora. It's awesome!

The idea is too play song after song for a listener while the listener fine tunes the program's selection criteria. So far I've got my own old-school gangsta rap channel. My speakers are thumping Boyz-N-The-Hood (remix) by Eazy-E - a perfect chaser for Public Enemy's Don't Believe the Hype. Don't worry Chuck D, I don't - indeed I don't. As Pandora tells me:

Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features west coast rap roots, gangsta rap attitudes, violent lyrics, explicit lyrics, and a bumpin' kick sound.


In time I should have my own channel playing Snoop, NWA, Jurrasic 5, Busta Rhymes and Dr. Dre.

Maybe I'll have to break soon to start my McCartney & Wings channel as well. :D

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?